May 8, 2022 | Intergroup Meeting Agenda & Minutes

1. Roll Call – Secretary

1.1 Intergroup Members

XChris G.Cedar Valley – Saturday
Rich RFt. Dodge – Monday
Don SAt-Large
XAndy WDecorah
XLarry TIowa City – Wednesday
  XAaron VOnline Content Coordinator  (non-voting)
VacantDavenport, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Cedar Valley (Tue)

1.2 Introduction of any new members or guests

2. Call to Order and Opening – Chair: 2:05 PM Central

2.1 Request for volunteers to read the following:

Step – Andy

Tradition – Larry

Service Concept – Aaron

Code Of conduct – Chris

2.2 After a moment of silence, the Serenity Prayer, read by all:

“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.”

2.3 Reading of Step, Tradition, and Service Concept of the Month 

2.3.1 Step:  Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

2.3.2 Tradition: Each group has but one primary purpose – to carry its message to the sex addict who still suffers.

2.3.3 SAA (draft) Service Concept: Throughout the SAA service structure, there is a traditional “right of appeal” which encourages clear processes for the consideration of minority opinion and for handling grievances.

2.3.4 Code of Conduct – 

  • Committed to service and being guided by the Twelve Traditions of SAA and the Twelve Concepts for World Service (A.A.)
  • Successful in SAA recovery
  • Open-minded
  • Respectful of all and willing to hear all views
  • Supportive of the Group Conscience
  • Accountable to service groups and to the fellowship
  • Approachable
  • Courteous and well-mannered.

2.4 The Iowa SAA Intergroup Purpose Statement, read by all:

“To support the member meetings and the still suffering addict.”

3. Adoption of Agenda 

4. Approval/Acceptance of Minutes

5. Reports

5.1 Treasurer: Rich R  

  • Reminder: We have a Venmo account:  iowa-intergroup
  • $220 from cedar valley Tuesday
  • Another payment or two coming from IC

5.2 Area 26: Chris G (Advocate) / Don S (Delegate)

  • Contact info for meetings in our Area: (Document Removed)
  • Chris to get agenda/etc sent out for June meeting

5.3 Outreach: Rich R / Chris G

noting new, just some spam from the current site form

5.4 Online content/presence: Aaron

Structurally, the staging site is pretty finalized but needs content, particularly from the groups

next step is to buy the calendar plugin and populate dates

funded by two individuals from IC for one year

6. Old Business

6.1 2022 event planning

  • Fall retreat (The weekend of Oct 21-23 at REMOVED)
  • Seminar in the summer
    • Looking at June 11th in Iowa City
      • confirm timing/agenda and address
      • Aaron will share the address
      • IC has a laptop there already. Can use wi-fi hotspot. Also already have a speaker/mic combo unit.
      • ask people to bring chairs
      • weather permitting, outdoors setting is possibility
      • Aaron to help get chairs if needed
    • Discuss topics
      • theme/topics
        • * boundaries are love (Larry) 
        • Hold a meeting
        • * Group meetings: sharing our successes, struggles with creating safe and healthy meetings (Don)
          • safe and sober meetings pamphlet
        • * Drop the rock: steps 6 and 7 (Chris)
        • Intergroup/Area update (during lunch)
          • what have we been up to? 
          • website update, etc.
      • MC: TBD (someone from IC?) 
        • Chris G as fallback
    • Food or other considerations
      • BYOMeat/side
      • IG provides drinks / buns / plates / silverware
    • agenda
      • 09:00 start coffee/fellowship/donuts
      • 09:30 topic 1 (Larry: Boundaries)
      • 10:30 topic 2 (Don: Group meetings)
      • 11:30 lunch / announcements
      • 12:30 topic 3 (Chris: Steps 6/7)
      • 13:30 closing (gratitude circle)
    • Next steps / action items
      • EVERYONE: get feedback from groups and share (via email) to Intergroup 
        • number planning to attend
        • any feedback on agenda
      • Chris: email out to all groups in area the 411
      • Chris: Get Aaron the copy to post on the website

6.2 Intergroup Annual Report – Chris G

  • Identify next steps and timing

6.3 Website feedback – Aaron V

7. New Business

7.1 None

8 Updates and Announcements

8.1  Next meeting:  TBD

8.2  Upcoming International SAA Convention

May 27-30 2022 in Atlanta, GA

https://saa-convention.org/ (Removed)

9 Adjourn 

Minutes

1. Roll Call – Secretary

1.1 Intergroup Members

XChris G.Cedar Valley – Saturday
Rich RFt. Dodge – Monday
LDon SAt-Large
XAndy WDecorah
XLarry TIowa City – Wednesday
  XAaron VOnline Content Coordinator  (non-voting)
VacantDavenport, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Cedar Valley (Tue)

1.2 Introduction of any new members or guests

2. Call to Order and Opening – Chair: 2:05 PM Central

5. Reports

5.1 Treasurer: Rich R  

  • $220 from cedar valley Tuesday
  • Another payment or two coming from IC

5.2 Area 26: Chris G (Advocate) / Don S (Delegate)

  • Contact info for meetings in our Area: (Removed)
  • Chris to get agenda/etc sent out for June meeting

5.3 Outreach: Rich R / Chris G

noting new, just some spam from the current site form

5.4 Online content/presence: Aaron

Structurally, the staging site is pretty finalized but needs content, particularly from the groups

next step is to buy the calendar plugin and populate dates

funded by two individuals from IC for one year

6. Old Business

6.1 2022 event planning

  • Fall retreat (The weekend of Oct 21-23 at Pilgrim Heights)
  • Seminar in the summer
    • Looking at June 11th in Iowa City
      • confirm timing/agenda and address
        • Aaron will have Mark create a sign to mark the entrance to the driveway
      • Aaron will share the address
      • Agenda – 
        • Topics – 50 minutes w/ 10 min potty break plus an allowance for shorter or longer if session indicates
        • 09:00 start coffee/fellowship/donuts
        • 09:30 topic 1 (Larry: Boundaries are love)
        • 10:30 topic 2 (Don: Safe and sober meetings)
        • 11:30 lunch / announcements
        • 12:30 topic 3 (Chris: Steps 6/7)
        • 13:30 closing (gratitude circle)
    • Discuss topics
      • Theme(s)?:  
        • Boundaries (are love)
        • Possibility of having large-format meetings now
        • Group boundaries (safety) – open forum – pamphlet – Safe and Sober Meetings.
        • Step: Six / Seven 
        • Include updates on Intergroup structure, activities
      • MC: 
        • Shanghai sbdy from Iowa City
          • else Chris
    • Food or other considerations
      • Chris has a Bluetooth speaker/mic; Aaron has a laptop and wi-fi phone as well.
      • CHAIRS: bring one or two if you got
      • LUNCH: bring sthg for the grill and a side to share
        • Optional oven at least for those who want to grill sthg non-meat.
        • INTERGROUP: drinks, tableware, & fixings
      • INDOOR/OUTDOOR?: weather permitting, outside might be nice
    • Anything to put on a website? Aaron will post something if we give him something to post.

8 Updates and Announcements

8.1  Next meeting:  Saturday, June 4, 9/a 30 mins.

8.2  Upcoming International SAA Convention

May 27-30 2022 in Atlanta, GA

https://saa-convention.org/ (Removed)

9 Adjourn  

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply